Summertime is my favourite season for food. Although I do love comfort food on a cool fall evening, there is nothing that beats fresh fruit, veggies and herbs. We've been growing a variety of herbs on our small patio garden that we enjoy daily, and I've been going to the local farmers markets on weekends to get my produce. Trying our best to eat local as much as possible!
After playing around with several different summer salad recipes, I came up with this one and I'm seriously addicted! It's savoury yet refreshing and the colours are so pretty!
Zucchini and Tomato Salad
- 1 green and 1 yellow zucchini thinly sliced (with a mandolin if possible)
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes halved
- half a red onion thinly sliced (with a mandolin if possible)
- a handful of crushed walnuts
- a small bunch of fresh basil
- a small bunch of fresh mint
- a handful per serving of feta cheese
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- a pinch of kosher salt
In a large bowl, toss together zucchini, tomatoes and red onion. Whisk dressing together. Drizzle over salad. Add herbs and walnuts, toss. Serve salad with a small handful of feta on each serving.