Hummus has been a long time favourite dip of mine. Delicious with pita chips as well as a healthier option for a veggie dip. I'm a strong believer that everything tastes better from scratch, especially hummus!
After some trial and error, this is my go-to hummus recipe.
- 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed)
- 3 cloves of garlic (or 4 for some kick)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- half a teaspoon of cumin
- a pinch or two of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- the juice and zest of one lemon
Throw everything into a food processor and blend until the ingredients turn into a paste. Done!